PreK-12 Educational Spaces
Creating Classrooms for the Future
Our team has built our reputation on projects over 40+ years of PreK-12 work. Every project is unique and deserves the specialized attention that our team and process have honed to be successful time after time.
Our focus within learning space design is to improve learning outcomes through our work. We do this by understanding the educational goals and needs while imparting design expertise and construction best practices into a seamless process. We keep a thorough consciousness of cost implications at every stage of the project. Our team is more than a collection of architects and engineers: we are a team of creative thinkers that push to create better learning environments through our work.
Our team has a wide breadth of experience and understands the complex needs of planning and designing new and renovation school facilities. We understand the unique needs of learners at the elementary, middle school, and high school levels.
A Template For Your Educational Needs
Through our decades of experience in helping to build new educational experiences, we’ve identified a foundational process from which we begin all of our projects. This process can then be fine-tuned to the particular needs of each school or district, whether it’s renovation, new construction, or a combination of the two, creating an end result that benefits students, teachers, and administrators for years to come.
- Develop the Big Picture: It’s time to dig in. This is the time to learn about you, to solicit community feedback, and to build the vision for what your project will be.
- Test Design Ideas: This is where we ideate and create. We work closely with the owner and stakeholders to find ideas that adhere to the school’s vision and goals.
- Refine Solutions: This is when we solidify the vision. Here is where we refine the design, create construction documents, and verify the budget.
- Construction Implementation: Putting hammer to nail. We work closely with the construction team throughout the buildout, ensuring that any issues are identified early and that work goes according to plan.
- Start-up & Warranty: Move-in time! We work with contractor and owner to ensure that startup and operations go smoothly and align with both educational goals and design intentions. We can also help with teacher walkthroughs and training on using the new space for teachers and administrators.
We believe success in educational facilities can be found by ensuring:
- The educational approach drives the design
- Interconnected & varied spaces
- Small & large group environments
- Acoustic and thermal comfort
- Connection to nature and daylighting
- Interactive building components (technology, writable walls, re-configurable spaces, etc.)
We understand schools
Today’s learning environment facilitates multiple teaching and learning styles. From teacher-led seminars to interactive student-led investigations, 21st Century Schools have to be flexible while supporting a multitude of new technologies and types of teacher-student engagements.
Sustainable Learning Environments
Integrating both building sustainability for energy consumption but also using sustainable strategies as learning opportunities for students is always in the forefront of our design process. Natural daylighting, air quality, and connection to the exterior environment are just a few of the important sustainable practices we look for when designing for the school environment.
Education is Always Evolving
Education is the premise of progress, it is appropriate that education itself continually adapts to our changing world. Our team gets engaged in classrooms and works with educators to understand the issues facing schools today as well as what is coming around the corner.
- Westside Middle School
- The Career Academy
- Wisner-Pilger Public School
- The Lincoln Public Schools Science Focus Program – “The Zoo School”
- Phillip H. Schoo Middle School
- Nebraska Center for Advanced Professional Studies
- Council Bluffs Kirn and Wilson Middle Schools
- Sandy Creek High School
- Gibbon PreK – High School Campus
- Lincoln Public Schools, Northstar & Southwest High Schools