We like to think of ourselves as small but mighty. For more than 50 years, we’ve been a mid-sized design firm for a reason. It allows us to stay nimble, to try new things, to not do the same things because it’s the way it’s always been done.
We are looking for a strong and dynamic project architect to join our team. Project Architects/Designers are responsible for taking projects from conception to completion. These tasks include masterplanning, concept design, presentations, renderings and construction documents, as well as performing construction administration as a part of one of our multi-level teams. You will coordinate with the project manager, Principal-in-Charge, and the design team to successfully complete projects
So what does this mean for you? It means you’re not siloed. As a project architect at BVH, you’re part of an agile team that lets you flex your skillset and learn from others. Our teams wear lots of hats, which is something we really love. We get to work closely with our clients, creating lasting relationships and projects that serve communities for years to come.
And what do you get to work on? Our core sectors are all about people and community
- PK-12 education
- Higher education
- Multifamily & mixed-use residences
- Historic preservation & adaptive reuse
So if what you just read sounds exciting—if you want to work on projects that mean something to people, if you want to stretch your talents, learn from others, and collaborate on design opportunities—we’d love to hear from you. Interested parties should send their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Project Planning Coordination: Collaborate with project managers to create work plans for the internal team at the beginning of every phase of the project
- Design Delivery Leadership: Work closely with project leaders to perform and/or instruct team members in the preparation and successful execution of design studies and concepts, client presentations, construction documents, and specifications
- Technical Design Coordination: Lead and coordinate technical and code related aspects of a project from design through construction including direct coordination with the consultant team
- Construction Administration: Serve as the primary point of contact for contractors during construction administration and manage all project communications in an orderly and efficient manner
- Design Culture Engagement: Participate in and lead activities that strengthen our culture, expertise, and holistic approach to design excellence
- 7-12 years of experience in the Architectural Field
- Bachelors/Masters in Architecture
- Licensed Architect or pursuing licensure
- Proficient in Revit, Microsoft Office, Google Suite and 3D modeling & rendering (Enscape, Sketchup, etc.) software
- LEED, WELL, or other sustainability credentials are desirable.
- Flexible Working Hours
- Unlimited Vacation
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- HSA & FSA Accounts
- FMLA & Parental Leave Policies (minimum 6 weeks-up to 12 weeks)
- 401K Profit Sharing
- Licensure Reimbursement
- Performance Bonus Eligibility
- Annual Educational/Training Reimbursements
- Travel Stipends