We're Looking for a Talented Project Architect
As BVH looks to the future, we are seeking a project architect who is committed to excellence and who has proven project architect skills. To thrive here, you’ve got to truly support and enjoy a challenge-based culture where ideas are roundly debated in the quest for excellence and peak performance.
Qualified candidates for this position are passionate about people, design, sustainability, and high-performance projects. Candidates should have 5+ years of architectural experience, a bachelor’s or master’s degree in architecture, and be a licensed Architect or actively pursuing licensure.
Ideal candidates are team-oriented with exceptional design, technical, and communication skills, as well as strong graphic and hand sketching abilities. The position requires an affinity for a broad range of project types including complex corporate and institutional buildings, cultural and academic buildings, as well as religious buildings. Our passion for design also carries into our passion for people, and the impact that we make on our communities. We strive to look at design not only as a structural impact but as an opportunity to give the community and its people an experience.
- Proficiency in Revit and other 3-D imaging design software is essential
- Personal drive for the betterment of themselves and others through design
- Passionate about applying research
- A collaborator with an inclination for leadership
- Ability to engage in successful client communication
- Preparing and presenting design proposals to clients
- Producing detailed drawings and managing others who do
- Negotiating with contractors and other professionals
- Attending regular meetings with clients, contractors and other specialists
- Coordinating the work of contractors with owners
- Making site visits to check on progress
- Dealing with problems that might come up during building construction
BVH is more than a collection of architects. We are a team of creative thinkers that seek to learn from our world and elevate the practice of architecture. We view design through the critical lenses of integrity and responsibility, both to our craft and to our community. We are peers, not competitors — seeking to better our world through our work. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, an energetic workplace, ongoing training opportunities, and an environment that allows employee interests and strengths to flourish. BVH is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested candidates should submit their intent and supporting documentation, including contact information, to Careers@BVH.com. All documentation will be reviewed and selected candidates will be contacted to further discuss the position and schedule an interview.