We're Seeking a Project Architect with a Passion for Preservation
BVH has a long history working on complex preservation projects coast to coast. We are looking for candidates who want to help us continue our work on the full spectrum of design for adaptive reuse, historic preservation, and rehabilitation project types. Under the direction of the Executive Architect and Project Manager, candidates should be able to comfortably review, assess, analyze, and understand the complexities of historic and existing buildings for their historic features and building technology.
- Knowledge and experience of:
- Preservation techniques, standards, and policies
- Historic building construction techniques and styles
- Material repair and restoration techniques
- Ability to produce and review the full scope of contract documents and coordinate with all design consultants.
- Ability to work with and manage a team of production staff and assist the Project Managers with project administration duties including, but not limited to, managing project schedules and project budgets, and communicating with consultants.
- Provide technical guidance and develop innovative solutions to resolve complex technical and design challenges
- Create and supervise the preparation of architectural drawings for all project phases, including proposal presentations, concept, schematics, design documents and construction documents.
- Develop unique design solutions while maintaining attention to detail within defined budgets, timelines, and deadlines.
- 3+ years of experience
- Bachelor or Master of Architecture with a Historic Preservation focus or equivalent project experience
- Experience with Revit
- Actively working towards licensure
- Knowledge of technical building construction
- Experience producing construction documents that align with design goals
- Graphic representation skills
- Ability to assist during all project phases to ensure successful project completion
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Profit Sharing
- Unlimited Vacation
- Educational Reimbursement
- Travel Stipends
- Fitness Reimbursements
Interested candidates should submit their resume and supporting documentation, including contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org. All documentation will be reviewed and selected candidates will be contacted to further discuss the position and schedule an interview.
BVH is more than a collection of architects. We are a team of creative thinkers that seek to learn from our world and elevate the practice of architecture. We view design through the critical lenses of integrity and responsibility, both to our craft and to our community. We are peers, not competitors — seeking to better our world through our work. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, an energetic workplace, ongoing training opportunities, and an environment that allows employee interests and strengths to flourish. BVH is an equal opportunity employer.