Join the BVH Team
We're Seeking a Historic Preservation Architect to Join the Team!
BVH Architecture seeks a highly skilled historic preservation architect with 7-10 years of relevant experience to join our Lincoln or Omaha, Nebraska studios. Responsibilities will include technical writing, hands-on condition assessments, preparation of historic tax credit applications, and developing recommendations, rehabilitation and adaptive reuse designs to meet the Secretary of the Interior’s Standards. Periodic travel throughout the midwest and mountain regions is required. This individual will participate in and contribute to the firm’s broader architectural practice and collaborative culture.
BVH is more than a collection of architects. We are a team of creative thinkers that seek to learn from our world and elevate the practice of architecture. We view design through the critical lenses of integrity and responsibility, both to our craft and to our community. We are peers, not competitors—seeking to better our world through our work. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, an energetic workplace, ongoing training opportunities, and an environment that allows employee interests and strengths to flourish.
Interested parties should send their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Knowledge and experience of:
- Preservation techniques, standards and policies
- Historic building construction techniques and styles
- Material repair and restoration techniques
- Ability to produce and review the full scope of contract documents and coordinate with all design consultants.
- Ability to work with and manage a team of production staff and assist the Project Managers with project administration duties including, but not limited to, managing project staffing, schedules and project budgets, and communicating with consultants.
- Provide technical guidance and develop innovative solutions to resolve complex technical and design challenges
- Prepare presentation drawings
- Research historical information as it relates to the project
- Support and enhance communication, attend meetings and lead collaborative process between project team, clients, vendors, contractors, consultants, building and permitting officials and co-workers effectively and professionally, graphically, verbally and in written documents.
- Create and supervise the preparation of architectural drawings for all project phases, including proposal presentations, concept, schematics, design documents and construction documents.
- Develop unique design solutions while maintaining attention to detail within defined budgets, timelines, and deadlines.
- Passion for building preservation and rehabilitation
- Drive to enhance personal knowledge about preservation field
- Passion for community and design
- Forward thinking
- Effective Communicator
- A Bachelor Degree in Architecture or Architectural Studies and an advanced degree in Historic Preservation or a Masters of Architecture with a Historic Preservation focus or equivalent proven project experience.
- Registered Architect In Nebraska or NCARB certified preferred, LEED AP a plus.
- Proficient in Revit, Bluebeam Revu, Google Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Suite and knowledge and experience of rendering techniques and programs a plus.
- Flexible Working Hours
- Unlimited Vacation
- Full Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
- HSA & FSA Accounts
- FMLA & Parental Leave (min. 6 weeks – up to 12 weeks)
- 401(k) Profit Sharing
- Licensure Reimbursement
- Performance Bonus Eligibility
- Annual Educational/Training Reimbursements
- Fitness Reimbursements
- Travel Stipends