We're Seeking a Knowledgeable and Experienced Historical Architect to Help Us Further Our Preservation Expertise
BVH has a long history working on complex preservation projects coast to coast. We are looking for candidates who want to help us continue our work on the full spectrum of design for adaptive reuse, historic preservation, and rehabilitation project types. Under the direction of the Executive Architect and Project Manager, candidates should be able to comfortably review, assess, analyze, and understand the complexities of historic and existing buildings for their historic features and building technology.
The ideal candidate should be able to leverage and coordinate the existing conditions with the client’s program and project goals to create a carefully planned, innovative, modern approach that incorporates innovative design solutions to balance the complex challenges of historic structures with contemporary expectations for use and comfort.
- Knowledge and experience of:
- Preservation techniques, standards and policies
- Historic building construction techniques and styles
- Material repair and restoration techniques
- Ability to produce and review the full scope of contract documents and coordinate with all design consultants.
- Ability to work with and manage a team of production staff and assist the Project Managers with project administration duties including, but not limited to, managing project schedules and project budgets, and communicating with consultants.
- Provide technical guidance and develop innovative solutions to resolve complex technical and design challenges
- Prepare presentation drawings
- Research historical information as it relates to the project
- Support and enhance communication, attend meetings and lead collaborative process between project team, clients, vendors, contractors, consultants, building and permitting officials and co-workers effectively and professionally, graphically, verbally and in written documents.
- Create and supervise the preparation of architectural drawings for all project phases, including proposal presentations, concept, schematics, design documents and construction documents.
- Develop unique design solutions while maintaining attention to detail within defined budgets, timelines, and deadlines.
- Passion for building preservation and rehabilitation
- Drive to enhance personal knowledge about preservation field
- Passion for community and design
- Effective Communicator
- A Bachelor Degree in Architecture or Architectural Studies and an advanced degree in Historic Preservation or a Masters of Architecture with a Historic Preservation focus or equivalent proven project experience.
- Registered Architect In Nebraska or NCARB certified, LEED AP a plus.
- Proficient in Revit, Bluebeam Revu, Google Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Suite and knowledge and experience of rendering techniques and programs a plus
- 6-8+ years of experience as a historical architect conducting historic research, preparing surveys, and writing reports as well as preparing contract documents for architectural preservation, historic structures, facility analyses, and building science and technology.
- Unlimited Vacation
- Health Insurance
- Dental/Vision Insurance
- HSA & FSA Accounts
BVH is more than a collection of architects. We are a team of creative thinkers that seek to learn from our world and elevate the practice of architecture. We view design through the critical lenses of integrity and responsibility, both to our craft and to our community. We are peers, not competitors — seeking to better our world through our work. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, an energetic workplace, ongoing training opportunities, and an environment that allows employee interests and strengths to flourish. BVH is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested candidates should submit their intent and supporting documentation, including contact information, to Careers@BVH.com. All documentation will be reviewed, and selected candidates will be contacted to further discuss the position and schedule an interview.