We're Seeking a Project Architect with a Passion for Preservation
BVH Architecture is looking for an architectural design professional with a passion for historic preservation. You will work with our in-house group of building preservationists to provide support on projects that have an emphasis on preservation, rehabilitation, and adaptive reuse. Under the direction of the Executive Architect and Project Manager, you’ll create project conceptual design, presentation drawings, renderings and construction drawings, as well as data collection, analysis, and policy research, and then draft drawings, reports and assessments based on research analysis.
- Ability to communicate with clients, consultants, contractors and co-workers effectively and professionally, graphically, verbally and in written documents.
- Self-starter, as well as a flexible, collaborative team player, willing to take on assignments, including those for non-historic projects.
- Interest in or knowledge of:
- Preservation techniques, standards and policies
- Historic construction techniques and styles
- Material repair and restoration techniques
- Proficient in Revit, Microsoft Office, Google Suite and 3D graphics programs
- Basic graphic presentation skills for preparation of reports
- Writing skills for the preparation of historic reports
- Attend meetings and provide support as needed and other duties as assigned.
- Passion for building preservation and rehabilitation
- Drive to enhance personal knowledge about preservation field
- Interest in Adaptive Reuse
- Passion for Sustainability
- Passion for community and design
- Interest in Construction Administration
- 3-5 years of experience in the Architectural Field
- Bachelors/Masters in Architecture with a Historic Preservation focus or equivalent project experience.
- Unlimited Vacation
- Health Insurance
- Dental/Vision Insurance
- HSA & FSA Accounts
BVH is more than a collection of architects. We are a team of creative thinkers that seek to learn from our world and elevate the practice of architecture. We view design through the critical lenses of integrity and responsibility, both to our craft and to our community. We are peers, not competitors — seeking to better our world through our work. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, an energetic workplace, ongoing training opportunities, and an environment that allows employee interests and strengths to flourish. BVH is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested candidates should submit their intent and supporting documentation, including contact information, to Careers@BVH.com. All documentation will be reviewed and selected candidates will be contacted to further discuss the position and schedule an interview.