BVH Architecture seeks a highly skilled licensed architect with training in historic preservation and a minimum of 6-10 years of relevant experience to join our Denver, CO, Lincoln or Omaha, NE studios.
Responsibilities will include hands-on condition assessments, and developing recommendations, rehabilitation and adaptive reuse designs to meet the Secretary of the Interior’s Standards and the development and drawing of those designs. Periodic travel throughout the midwest and mountain regions is required. This individual will participate in and contribute to the firm ’s broader architectural practice and collaborative culture.
BVH is more than a collection of architects. We are a team of creative thinkers that seek to learn from our world and elevate the practice of architecture. We view design through the critical lenses of integrity and responsibility, both to our craft and to our community. We are peers, not competitors—seeking to better our world through our work. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, an energetic workplace, ongoing training opportunities, and an environment that allows employee interests and strengths to flourish. More information on our practice can be found at www.bvh.com.
Interested parties should send their resumes to email@example.com
- Knowledge and experience of preservation techniques, standards and policies
- Historic building construction techniques and styles
- Material repair and restoration techniques
- Ability to work with and manage a team of production staff and assist the Project Managers with project administration duties including, but not limited to, managing project staffing, schedules and project budgets, and communicating with consultants.
- Provide technical guidance and develop innovative solutions to resolve complex technical and design challenges while maintaining attention to detail within defined budgets, timelines, and deadlines.
- Research historical information as it relates to the project
- Support and enhance communication, attend meetings and lead the collaborative process between project team, clients, vendors, contractors, consultants, building and permitting officials and co-workers effectively and professionally, graphically, verbally and in written documents.
- Create and supervise the preparation of architectural drawings for all project phases, including proposal presentations, concept, schematics, design documents and construction documents.
- Passion for building preservation and rehabilitation
- Drive to enhance personal knowledge about preservation field
- Passion for community and design
- Forward thinking
- Effective Communicator
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture or Architectural Studies and an advanced degree in Historic Preservation or a Master’s of Architecture with a Historic Preservation focus or equivalent proven project experience.
- Registered Architect in Nebraska/Colorado or NCARB certified, LEED AP a plus.
- Proficient in REVIT, Bluebeam Revu, Google Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Suite and knowledge and experience of rendering techniques and programs a plus.
- Flexible Working Hours
- Unlimited Vacation
- Full Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
- HSA & FSA Accounts
- FMLA & Parental Leave (min. 6 weeks – up to 12 weeks)
- 401(k) Profit Sharing
- Licensure Reimbursement
- Performance Bonus Eligibility
- Annual Educational/Training Reimbursements
- Fitness Reimbursements
- Travel Stipends